Students must turn in ALL cell phones to the first period teacher each day - No Exceptions. If the student needs to make a call during the day or receive a message from home, this will all be done in the school office on the office phone.
Community Christian School is striving to meet the needs of parents and students in implementing a fair, yet comfortable dress code. We recognize that children need to be able to move freely in order to learn, but neatness does not have to be sacrificed for this to happen.
As we are to be a reflection of Godly principles, the following dress code is to meet all areas of education. Please take note that Wednesday is Chapel day and students will be required to dress appropriately for this occasion each week.
Slacks: Khaki’s, cargo pants, walking shorts (no more than 3 inches above the knee) any color is acceptable – no jeans
Skirts: All skirts must be no higher that 3 inches above the knee. No front opening walking slits please
Shirts: Plain t-shirts – no screen print unless it is witness wear. Patterns are acceptable and appropriate logo shirts.
Monday,Tuesday,Thursday, Friday –
Jean and T-shirt days (appropriate writing only) Tennis shoes required for P.E. days.
· Jeans – no excessively faded or holes. They must be worn on the hips.
· NO SPANDEX/LEGGINGS/SKIN TIGHT PANTS are to be worn without a long fit shirt - Discretionary judgement will be used by CCS Staff to determine appropriateness of tight fitting garments. Shirts that cover below the pocket area are required.
· Cargo / shorts – boy or girl – to the knee
· Capri pants –prints are acceptable
· Hats – fashion beanie hats are acceptable – no billed hats allowed
· No thin/spaghetti strap tops, pajama pants or hats to be worn in class
· No undergarments showing
· Athletic/swishy pants may be worn on P.E. days ONLY but must be a suitable fit
· Shoes – Grades 1-5 Closed toe – no flip flops
Middle School/High School
· Flip flops, August - October, and After Spring Break Only
* Parents, please check your children as they leave for school to make sure they are appropriately attired, including weather appropriate. Children will not be permitted to go outside for recess without gloves and hats on cold weather days.
Parents will be called to provide clothing for any dress code deemed inappropriate for an educational setting. Anything that distracts from learning is inappropriate.